top of page
  • Writer's pictureSteven Nazarian

How To Claim Road Injury Compensation?

Updated: Jul 14, 2022

Many people are unaware that they could be eligible for compensation in the event of a road accident, especially if they were not at fault. This is because the compensation plan does not only apply to persons who have been wounded in vehicle accidents. The New South Wales Motor Accidents CTP Scheme, for example, covers passengers in automobile accidents, pedestrians crossing the road, motorcycle riders and pillion passengers, and cyclists.

Car Accident Compensation

If you have been unfortunately injured on the road, even if the at-fault vehicle was uninsured, unregistered, or untraceable, you would be eligible for compensation for all your injuries. Your claim will be determined by the laws and road accident systems in effect in the state or territory where the accident occurred. The amount of time you must file a claim depends on the state you live in, but it is advisable to apply as soon as possible. If someone you were dependent on lost their life during the accident, you may be entitled to compensation as well.

Motorcycle Accident Compensation

On highways or local roadways, motorcycle and scooter riders are a particularly vulnerable category, with a higher chance of accidents and major injuries. You may be entitled to compensation if you were wounded as a rider or passenger on a motorcycle or scooter, or if someone you were dependent on was fatally injured. Workers' compensation and road accident compensation are two alternatives for claiming compensation, depending on where the injury occurred and the severity of the damage.

Cycling Accident Compensation

You may have grounds for an accident compensation claim if you were hurt while riding a bicycle on a road, in a park, on a bike path, or on a shared pathway. Not only would a bicycle accident be frightening and unpleasant, but also it could be difficult to know what to do if you've been injured. Your right to file a claim is determined by the state in which your accident occurred, and the circumstances surrounding it. If you are injured in a bicycle accident that was caused by a car, bus, tramway, or train, you are authorized to apply for a compensation claim. Even if your accident was not caused by a motor vehicle, you still may be entitled to compensation.

Book Your Consultation

Nazarian Law handles accident claims for a wide range of injuries caused by motor vehicle collisions and other accidents. Contact us to have your appointment scheduled promptly.

Reference: NSW Gov. State Insurance Regulatory Authority. Apply for personal injury benefits.

13 views0 comments


bottom of page